We offer three tips when searching for the right personal injury attorney for you and your case:
- Look into the lawyer’s experience & focus areas
- Check out the attorney’s reputation and check that their personality works with yours
- Be sure to ask questions & reach out for referrals about each personal injury attorney
When an accident occurs to you or a loved one, it’s instinct to seek help. People go to the hospital to treat injuries, or mechanics to repair cars, but where do they go for help with the financial burden that has been created due to an accident? Your best option is calling Marsh Law, with lawyers dedicated to personal injury cases in Erie, PA. Our experienced attorneys are advocates for your family’s financial future.
1. Look into a Personal Injury Lawyer’s Experience & Focus Areas
When selecting an attorney or law firm for your car accident or personal injury report, look for an attorney with years of experience in the personal injury practice so you know they understand what to do and how to help you accordingly. Searching online for a list of personal injury lawyers can be daunting. Begin your search by finding the best attorney or lawyer in your area. For example, “Best Car Accident Attorney in Erie, PA” or “Best Personal Injury Lawyer in PA”. Then begin to filter through the results by doing the following:
- Visit websites to determine if each attorney has several years of experience in their specific field and focus.
- Double-check the location of the practice.
- Search each attorney’s winning record. You’ll want to hire an attorney who can win your case.
Picking a personal injury lawyer that focuses on your type of case–car accidents, for example–is your best option. Matching a personal injury attorney’s experience with referrals and other requirements (which we will get too) helps to make sure you have the best attorney for your case.
2. Check All Car Accident Attorneys’ Reputations & Personalities
A huge tip when looking for a personal injury attorney in Erie, PA, is choosing an attorney/firm that has a good reputation with insurance companies, court systems, etc. Working with Marsh Law Firm, who checks all of these boxes, can benefit you when trying to obtain compensation. When looking into firms, make sure to do some extra digging to find out what other people think of them and how easy it is to work with them. Finding a car accident lawyer who is easy to work with and can produce results is key. The following are some extra tips for digging deeper on a personal injury lawyer’s reputation:
- Search Google reviews, Yahoo reviews, etc. and find the lawyer with the most positive reviews and strongest reputation.
- Check your state’s bar website to find out if they have a disciplinary record, or formal complaints and transgressions, filed against them
- Call the county’s bar association and ask for a referral. They should be familiar with the attorneys, and may even know many of them personally.
It is important to feel comfortable with the personal injury attorney you choose to work with. Finding the right fit for you can be challenging, but following these tips can help you make a great choice.
3. Ask Questions & Obtain Referrals for Each Personal Injury Lawyer
Dealing with car accident personal injury reports can be intimidating, especially if this is your first time, or if someone was seriously injured. If you have any concerns, talking with an attorney will be able to help calm your concerns and address them head-on. Think about it; the personal injury attorneys at Marsh Law handle car accident and personal injury cases in Erie, PA on a regular basis. Take advantage of the opportunity to voice your concerns and figure out the best plan for you and for your situation. Meet with our attorneys in person before making a decision. Every attorney’s office should be able to answer the following questions:
- Have you taken on cases like mine in the past? What were the outcomes of these cases?
- How soon can I expect my case to be resolved?
- Will I only be working with one attorney, or with a team?
- How do you charge your clients? Do you charge an hourly rate or a contingency fee?
- Does this firm carry insurance?
Why a Personal Injury Attorney? Marsh Law Has Over 100 Years of Experience Dealing with Personal Injury Cases in Erie, PA
Many people question whether an attorney is even necessary when dealing with personal injury cases, but there are many benefits to having one. Personal injury lawyers know how to deal with insurance companies. They understand how much a reasonable settlement amount is, and are experienced in pursuing a lawsuit if necessary.
Marsh Law Firm has handled hundreds of personal injury claims and car accident cases over the last 100 years throughout Erie and other counties in northwest Pennsylvania. When you have been injured by the negligence of another, you may be entitled to recover compensation for medical bills and lost wages, as well as pain and suffering. Our Erie, Pennsylvania personal injury attorneys at Marsh Law will fight to help you recover maximum compensation for your injuries, and eliminate the need to deal with insurance companies.