About Marsh Spaeder
Our firm began with the association of Ritchie T. Marsh and Charles C. Eaton, whose firm name was “Marsh & Eaton.” Their original location was at 7th and State Streets in downtown Erie.
Thereafter, Donald Marsh joined the firm, but died in June of 1928. In September of that year, John A. Spaeder joined the firm in the new office located in the Ariel Building at 8th and State Streets. Between 1928 and 1931, the firm added Byron A. Baur and James E. Marsh.
Charles C. Eaton left the firm in 1938, whereupon our firm became known as “Marsh, Spaeder, Himebaugh & Baur.” Then in the 1940’s, with John W. Himebaugh leaving the firm and the addition of Robert N. Spaeder, the firm became known as “Marsh, Spaeder, Baur & Spaeder.”
The firm adopted its present name upon the addition of Will J. Schaaf in 1949.
The firm moved from the Ariel Building to the G. Daniel Baldwin Building at 10th & State and later opened new offices located at 300 State Street, Suite 300, in the Bayfront Professional Building in January of 1985. We are still there today.
Excerpts from “Memoirs of Erie County, Pennsylvania, Bench and Bar Volume II, Copyright 2000, by the Erie County Bar Association. Used by Permission.